The Baratza Virtuoso is high quality coffee grinder. Whether your favourite brew is espresso or french press the Virtuoso will handle all grind challenges.
With precision 40mm conical steel burrs the Baratza Virtuoso gives a consistent grind particle size to make your brew taste even sweeter, whether espresso, Aeropress, Hario V60, Auto Coffee Maker or plunger it does all with style.
The secret to the great grind quality of the Virtuoso is DC motor that doesn't over heat and keeps the beans cool even under heavy use. This along with electric and gear speed reducers means the burrs spin at a relatively slow 450rpm. This ensures the Virtuoso has a even bean feed into the burrs, reduced noise, heat and static in the grinder.
Compact and Looks Great
The Virtuoso is impressive on the outside too. Having small foot print and low heigh it wont take up a lot of room on your kitchen bench. Will also fit under wall mounted kitchen cupboards. The brushed metal top of the grinder looks elegant and makes this grinder look great in nay kitchen or cafe.
The Virtuoso lives up to its name by providing technical skill, classic style and a consistent, quality grind.
Features and Benefits:
- Burrs: Manufactured in Europe, the Virtuoso’s 40 mm conical burrs grind coffee at 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec. depending on the setting. But what really sets the Virtuoso burrs apart is that these burrs can do a very uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding range. So theVirtuoso burrs are exceptional for espresso, drip, manual brewing methods and Press Pot. These conical burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years. The burrs have a precision mounting system to ensure a stable platform for accurate grinding.
- Gearbox: In 2012, Baratza introduced the second generation Gearbox (GB 2.0). With GB 2.0, Baratza has significantly increased the strength and durability of the drive transmission while decreasing noise. In addition to a new drive shaft, motor mounting plate and bushings, this change includes a new drive gear made of 15% glass filled thermo plastic which is quieter than the prior metal gear, wears better and is more shock resistant. During the rigorous testing process, stainless steel screws were thrown into the burrs, and in every case the motor/gear/burrs stopped immediately, the (automatically-resettable) thermal cutout was triggered, and the gears were fine.
- Grind Adjustment: Turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to coarse for French Press. The grind range is from 250 to 1200 microns.
- Grinds Left in Grinder: To maximize freshness, the Virtuoso minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
- Brewing Method: The Virtuoso is a great all around grinder, from manual brewing to espresso.
- Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting thermal cutoff switch.
- Calibration: An innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind. If necessary, the grinders can be user calibrated.
- Speed Control: With unique speed control, the Virtuoso uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 500 RPM. The electronic speed controller is adjustable from 405 to 495 RPM in the event that specific user conditions require modification of the speed. This slow speed reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder. It also ensures that the beans feed smoothly into the burrs.
- Timer Switch: The Virtuoso has a 60-second timer with segmented graphics, for easily repeatable grind times.
- Cleaning: Burrs are easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.
Accessories (which may be purchased separately):
- PortaHolder: A replacement for the grounds bin that holds the espresso portafilter for hands-free grinding directly. It also makes for easy clean up.
- Hopper extender: An extension that can add 9 oz. of capacity to the existing 8 oz. bean hopper. Several extenders can be added to get to the capacity you need.
We offer free Standard Delivery on all orders over £25 including Highlands, Northen Ireland and Channel Islands via UPS Access Point - Click and Collect.
UPS Access Point is a Click and Collect Next Day service from UPS. Free for orders over £25. Under £25 cost is £3.99. For NI, Highlands it's a 2 day service.
Next Day Delivery is a Next Day Service to your Door provided by UPS. If your order is placed by 14:00 Mon-Fri we will ship that day for Next Working Day Delivery. Cost is £5.99, over £75 is free.
For coffee machines, grinders and other heavy orders we will contact you to confirm shipping costs.
The delivery charge will be calculated at the checkout.
UPS Access Point: Orders over £50 for France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Poland, Spain, Sweden are sent Free of Delivery Charge when you spend £50 or more and choose UPS Access Point.
For orders to all of Europe over £150 will ship free of charge on UPS Standard. Excluding Norway and Switzerland.
*If your order is larger than one box we will contact you with the extra shipping charges. Multiple boxes of cups will attract a delivery charge. Also if you are outside a main delivery hub we may have to quote extra shipping charges. Excludes Norway and Switzerland.
If you are EU VAT registered, set up your account then contact us with your VAT number and we will set up your account ex-VAT.
UPS Standard is a 2-15 day trackable service from UPS.
UPS Express Saver is a 1-3 day trackable service from UPS.
All Import Duty and Customs charges are the responsibility of the buyer.
Rest of the World
All orders will ship via UPS. Prices and delivery options will show at checkout.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to call or email us.
365 Day Returns!
You can return any unwanted item within 365 days and we happily exchange or refund your item. Click here to Create a Return.
Returned items should be unused and must be returned in original packaging with any enclosed documentation. We will issue a full refund on receipt. If a complete order is returned within 30 days we will arrange collection. Alternatively, if preferred, we will exchange the item.
If your order doesn't qualify for free returns, or you wish to return the item yourself, please ensure you use a recorded delivery service.
Trade Customers and European customers do not qualify for Free Returns, unless the fault lies with Coffee Hit.
Coffee Hit Ltd - Returns
Unit 7 Belvedere Business Park,
Crabtree Manorway South
Belvedere DA17 6AH