The Baratza Virtuoso is high quality coffee grinder. Whether your favourite brew is espresso or french press the Virtuoso will handle all grind challenges.
With precision 40mm conical steel burrs the Baratza Virtuoso gives a consistent grind particle size to make your brew taste even sweeter, whether espresso, Aeropress, Hario V60, Auto Coffee Maker or plunger it does all with style.
The secret to the great grind quality of the Virtuoso is DC motor that doesn't over heat and keeps the beans cool even under heavy use. This along with electric and gear speed reducers means the burrs spin at a relatively slow 450rpm. This ensures the Virtuoso has a even bean feed into the burrs, reduced noise, heat and static in the grinder.
Compact and Looks Great
The Virtuoso is impressive on the outside too. Having small foot print and low heigh it wont take up a lot of room on your kitchen bench. Will also fit under wall mounted kitchen cupboards. The brushed metal top of the grinder looks elegant and makes this grinder look great in nay kitchen or cafe.
The Virtuoso lives up to its name by providing technical skill, classic style and a consistent, quality grind.
Features and Benefits:
- Burrs: Manufactured in Europe, the Virtuoso’s 40 mm conical burrs grind coffee at 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec. depending on the setting. But what really sets the Virtuoso burrs apart is that these burrs can do a very uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding range. So theVirtuoso burrs are exceptional for espresso, drip, manual brewing methods and Press Pot. These conical burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years. The burrs have a precision mounting system to ensure a stable platform for accurate grinding.
- Gearbox: In 2012, Baratza introduced the second generation Gearbox (GB 2.0). With GB 2.0, Baratza has significantly increased the strength and durability of the drive transmission while decreasing noise. In addition to a new drive shaft, motor mounting plate and bushings, this change includes a new drive gear made of 15% glass filled thermo plastic which is quieter than the prior metal gear, wears better and is more shock resistant. During the rigorous testing process, stainless steel screws were thrown into the burrs, and in every case the motor/gear/burrs stopped immediately, the (automatically-resettable) thermal cutout was triggered, and the gears were fine.
- Grind Adjustment: Turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to coarse for French Press. The grind range is from 250 to 1200 microns.
- Grinds Left in Grinder: To maximize freshness, the Virtuoso minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
- Brewing Method: The Virtuoso is a great all around grinder, from manual brewing to espresso.
- Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting thermal cutoff switch.
- Calibration: An innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind. If necessary, the grinders can be user calibrated.
- Speed Control: With unique speed control, the Virtuoso uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 500 RPM. The electronic speed controller is adjustable from 405 to 495 RPM in the event that specific user conditions require modification of the speed. This slow speed reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder. It also ensures that the beans feed smoothly into the burrs.
- Timer Switch: The Virtuoso has a 60-second timer with segmented graphics, for easily repeatable grind times.
- Cleaning: Burrs are easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.
Accessories (which may be purchased separately):
- PortaHolder: A replacement for the grounds bin that holds the espresso portafilter for hands-free grinding directly. It also makes for easy clean up.
- Hopper extender: An extension that can add 9 oz. of capacity to the existing 8 oz. bean hopper. Several extenders can be added to get to the capacity you need.
All UK Mainland (excluding Highlands) delivery is Next Day Premium service.
|Delivery Service||Orders under £75||Orders over £75|
|UPS to your Door||£6.95||Free|
|UPS Access Point||£4.90||Free|
|UPS pre 10.30||£14.95||£14.95|
|Non-Mainland||Orders under £150||Orders over £150|
|Channel Is., Is. of Man, Highlands, NI||£15||Free|
- Next Day delivery isnt a guaranteed Next Day service.
- UPS Access Point isnt available when paying by Amazon Payments, due to Amazons address privacy.
- For any order containing heavy products we will contact you to confirm shipping costs.
- Order cut off is 14:00. We ship Monday to Friday on UK working days.
- Prices include VAT
European Union Delivery
Delivery to 27 European Union States via UPS. Free delivery is by UPS Standard service.
|Country||Delivery Service||Orders under £200||Orders over £200|
|France, Germany||UPS Access Point||£12||Free|
|Austria, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Poland, Spain, Sweden||UPS Access Point||£15||Free|
|Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands||UPS Access Point||£11||Free|
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark,
Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg,
Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
|UPS to Door||Shown at Checkout||Free|
- Prices are ex VAT. VAT is charged at 20%.
- If your order is larger than one box we will contact you with the extra shipping charges.
- UPS Standard is a 2-10 day trackable service from UPS.
- UPS Express Saver is a 1-3 day trackable service from UPS
Rest of the World
All orders will ship via UPS. Prices and delivery options will show at checkout.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to call or email us.
365 Day Returns!
You can return any unwanted item within 365 days and we happily exchange or refund your item. Click here to Create a Return.
Returned items should be unused and must be returned in original packaging with any enclosed documentation. We will issue a full refund or exchange on receipt.
If you wish to return the item please ensure you use a recorded delivery service. We can issue you a UPS Access Point Returns label, cost is £5. If you wish to use this service we will deduct £5 from your refund.
For incorrectly delivered items or damaged upon receipt we will arrange to collect and exchange.
For warranty claims we will collect and repair or replace your item.
Coffee Hit Ltd - Returns
Unit 7 Belvedere Business Park,
Crabtree Manorway South
Belvedere DA17 6AH